Review of Mutual Recognition Schemes (2009)
The Productivity Commission has been asked to review the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) and Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Arrangement (TTMRA). The Commission is to:
- assess the coverage, efficiency and effectiveness of the MRA and TTMRA since they were last reviewed by the Commission in 2003
- consider how administrative provisions can be amended and/or enhanced to support more efficient operation of the MRA and/or TTMRA
- examine whether any components of overseas models of mutual recognition or any other changes might be made to enhance the functioning of the MRA and TTMRA
- explore any possible implications for the operation of the TTMRA arising from participating jurisdictions' bilateral engagement with third countries.
The Commission will present its research findings to Australian Heads of Government and the New Zealand Prime Minister in February 2009.
- Research report - released 6 February 2009
- Submissions (97)
- Survey of Occupation-Registration Authorities form (PDF - 62 Kb) - for information only