Post-2005 Textile, Clothing and Footwear Assistance Arrangements
This public inquiry has concluded. The inquiry report was released by the Commonwealth Government on 26 November 2003.
The Commission was asked by the Government to:
- evaluate current assistance arrangements for the textile, clothing and footwear (TCF) sector
- provide policy options for post 2005 assistance
- report on a range of related matters that will affect the sector's long term viability.
- Government response - issued by the Treasurer and Minister for Industry, Science and Resources
- Future of the Textiles, Clothing and Footwear Industries - Treasurer's media release
- Future Assistance Arrangements for the TCF Industry - Minister of Industry, Tourism and Resources' media release
- About the public inquiry process