Wheat Export Marketing Arrangements
This inquiry has been completed.
The Productivity Commission invited public participation in an inquiry into the Wheat Export Marketing Act 2008 and the Wheat Export Accreditation Scheme 2008. The Commission was asked to assess the effectiveness of the arrangements in meeting the objectives of the Act.
Among the matters considered by the Commission were:
- the effectiveness of the arrangements in meeting the objectives of the Act, including the role of Wheat Exports Australia
- the suitability of the eligibility criteria for accreditation of exporters
- the appropriateness of the access test requirements for accreditation of port operators as exporters
- the effectiveness of, and level of competition in, the transport and storage supply chain for wheat
- the availability and transparency of market information.