National Water Reform
Stakeholder Working Group
In accordance with section 89 of the Water Act 2007, the Commission has established a stakeholder working group. The stakeholder working group is an important avenue for consultation. It provides a forum to exchange information and views on issues relevant to this inquiry. The working group consists of the following stakeholders:
- Australian Conservation Foundation
- Australian Local Government Association
- Australian Network of Environmental Defenders Offices
- Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association
- Australian Water Association
- Australian Water Brokers Association
- Minerals Council of Australia
- National Farmers' Federation
- National Irrigators' Council
- Phil Duncan, Traditional Owner, Gomeroi Nations
- Water Services Association of Australia.
During the course of the inquiry, the Commission plans to hold four stakeholder working group meetings. The first stakeholder working group meeting was on 23 February 2017 and the next meeting is scheduled for 23 May 2017. The Commission intends to hold the other two meetings in August and October 2017.