National Water Reform
Stakeholder Working Group
In accordance with section 89 of the Water Act 2007, the Commission has established a stakeholder working group. The stakeholder working group is an important avenue for consultation. It provides a forum to exchange information and views on issues relevant to this inquiry. The working group consists of the following stakeholders:
- Australian Conservation Foundation
- Australian Local Government Association
- Australian Network of Environmental Defenders Offices
- Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association
- Australian Water Association
- Australian Water Brokers Association
- Minerals Council of Australia
- National Farmers' Federation
- National Irrigators' Council
- Phil Duncan, Traditional Owner, Gomeroi Nations
- Water Services Association of Australia.
During the course of the inquiry, the Commission held three stakeholder working group meetings - 23 February 2017, 23 May 2017 and 11 October 2017.