The Productivity Commission held focused public hearings on competition in the market for jet fuel in late November 2018.
Public hearings regarding the broader inquiry will be held in March–April 2019 following the release of the Commission’s draft report in February.
Public hearings provide participants with the opportunity to elaborate on their submissions, respond to submissions of others, and to discuss issues with Commissioners. The transcripts of the hearings will be made available publicly on the Commission's website.
Read more about public hearings
Any organisation or person can participate, either to appear and discuss their submissions or to observe the proceedings.
Public hearing details
A transcript of proceedings will be published below - a week or two after its hearing has been held.
Jet fuel hearings (Held)
Expand allCollapse all
Sydney - Wednesday 28 November 2018 (Held)
- Board of Airline Representatives Australia: Barry Abrams
- Australian Airports Association: Dr Warren Mundy
- Bioenergy Australia: Shahana McKenzie
Melbourne - Friday 30 November 2018 (Held)
- Melbourne Airport: Scott Elliott and Simon Gandy
- Northern Territory Airports: Ian Kew
- Brisbane Airport Corporation: Mark Willey
- Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities: Leonie Horrocks
- Perth Airport: Brian Pereira, Allan Mason and Deb Blaskett
- Caltex: Philip Skinner and Rohan Dangerfield
Draft report hearings (Upcoming: March-April 2019)