Indigenous Evaluation Strategy
About the project
Indigenous Evaluation Strategy (Text version)
We are developing an evaluation strategy for Australian Government policies and programs affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Better evidence about what works and why is needed to improve policies and programs.
The strategy will cover both Indigenous‑specific and mainstream policies and programs.
The project is led by Romlie Mokak, Commissioner, Productivity Commission
Evaluation can help policy-makers and communities determine:
- whether government policies and programs are achieving their objectives
- what influences whether government policies and programs are effective
- how government policies and programs can be improved
We will engage widely across metropolitan, regional and remote locations.
We want to hear from individuals, communities and organisations.
- How can Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge, priorities and values be better integrated into policy and program evaluation?
- What principles should guide Australian Government agencies’ evaluation efforts?
- What should be the priority policy areas for future Australian Government evaluation efforts?
- How can evaluation results be better used in policy and program design and implementation?
We are particularly keen to get input and advice from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations.