Report on Government Services 2017
The Justice volume C includes performance reporting for Police services, Courts and Corrective services.
It also includes a sector overview for Justice. This volume was released on 31 January 2017.
Please note: An errata was released with this volume (see below) reflecting updates to files for chapter 6.
Download the full volume
Chapter 6 Police services
The following data for 2010-11 to 2014-15 have changed:
- ‘Number of traffic accident hospitalisations per 100 000 registered vehicles’ for Western Australia, South Australia, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory.
Download the sector overview
The sector overview provides an introduction to the Police services (chapter 6), Courts (chapter 7), and Corrective services (chapter 8) chapters of this Report. It provides an overview of the justice sector, presenting both contextual information and high-level performance information.
- Overview C Justice and attachment tables (PDF - 1309 Kb)
- Overview C Attachment tables (XLSX - 638 Kb)
Sector performance indicator framework
This sector overview is based on a sector performance indicator framework made up of the following elements:
- Sector objectives — two sector objectives, safe communities and a fair, equitable and accessible system of justice, are based on the key objectives of the justice sector.
- Sector-wide indicators — three sector-wide indicators relate to the first sector objective and two indicators relate to the second sector objective.
- Safe communities
- A fair, equitable and accessible system of justice
- Community perceptions of safety
- Crime victimisation
- Re-offending rates — (police and corrections data)
- Justice staff
- Higher court defendants resulting in a guilty plea or finding