Report on Government Services
The annual Report on Government Services (RoGS) provides information on the equity, effectiveness and efficiency of government services in Australia.
Impact of COVID-19 on data in the 2021 Report
COVID‑19 may affect data in this Report in a number of ways. This includes in respect of:
- actual performance — that is, the impact of COVID‑19 on service delivery in 2020 which is reflected in the data for those indicators with data covering this time period
- the collection and processing of data — that is, the ability of data providers to undertake data collection and process results for inclusion in the Report (regardless of the time period of the data).
For affected data, the impacts of various restrictions introduced from March 2020 have been identified and noted in relevant sections. The impacts predominately related to changes in service inputs, outputs and outcomes, but did not change the comparability of any indicators in the 2021 Report. For some service areas, the impact resulted in non-collection of data (for example, NAPLAN 2020 for section 4 – School education) or delays in data collection and hence no new data available in time for inclusion in this edition of the Report (for example, Student Outcomes Survey 2020 for section 5 – VET).
The Steering Committee will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 on future editions of this Report.
The 2021 RoGS will be progressively released over the following days:
Wednesday 20 January 2021 at 12.15 am
- Part A Approach to performance reporting
- Part F Community services (includes aged care, disability, child protection and youth justice)
- Part G Housing and homelessness
Friday 22 January 2021 at 12.15 am
- Part C Justice (includes police, courts and corrective services)
- Part D Emergency management (includes fire and other emergency events)
Thursday 28 January 2021 at 12.15 am
- Part E Health (includes primary and community health, ambulance services, public hospitals, services for mental health)
Tuesday 2 February 2021 at 12.15 am
- Part B Child care, education and training (includes early childhood education and care, school education, vocational education and training)
The 2021 RoGS is available below, with earlier editions accessible by changing the year in the white box and pressing ‘Change year'.
Documents are provided which outline how to access the RoGS material. The colour coding refers to which document should be used for each RoGS Part below.
- How to find what you need [traditional presentation] (PDF - 685 Kb)
- How to find what you need [dynamic online presentation] (PDF - 337 Kb)
You may also be interested in
Supplementary reviews of government services.What works reviews
This publication is only available online.
We value your comments about this publication and encourage you to provide feedback.
2009 Review of the Report on Government Services
COAG endorsed the review's recommendations at its 7 December 2009 meeting.
The Steering Committee endorsed the Independent Reference Group's Review of the Report on Government Services' performance indicator framework Report in September 2010.
Join the conversationTweet #RoGS2021