From this Dashboard, you can access available data on the targets agreed as part of the National Agreement on Closing the Gap. To use this Dashboard, click on one of the Priority Reform areas or socioeconomic outcome areas below.
For the latest Dashboard update (March 2022), assessments of progress for the socioeconomic outcome area targets, and additional data disaggregations, have been made where new data are available since the baseline year.
New year Indicates that a new year of target data is available for this outcome area since the previous Dashboard update.
Disaggregations Indicates new disaggregations of the target data are available for this outcome area.
The outcome areas with updates are:
- outcome area 1 — people enjoy long and healthy livesDisaggregations
- outcome area 2 — children are born healthy and strongNew yearDisaggregations
- outcome area 3 — children are engaged in high quality, culturally appropriate early childhood education in their early yearsDisaggregations
- outcome area 10 — adults are not overrepresented in the criminal justice systemNew yearDisaggregations
- outcome area 11 — young people are not overrepresented in the criminal justice systemDisaggregations
- outcome area 12 — children are not overrepresented in the child protection systemNew yearDisaggregations
- outcome area 14 — people enjoy high levels of social and emotional wellbeingNew yearDisaggregations
- outcome area 15 — people maintain a distinctive cultural, spiritual, physical and economic relationship with their land and watersNew year
Please note: the method to assess progress against the targets has been revised since the previous data update in June 2021. For details on the revised method please see How to interpret the data.
Who to contact
For media queries please contact Michelle Cross, Assistant Media Director on (03) 9653 2115 / email@example.com
For background information please contact Catherine Andersson, Assistant Commissioner on (03) 9653 2354 / firstname.lastname@example.org