Closing the Gap Employment Register
- Classification: APS Level 5 – Executive Level 2
- Salary range: $77,439 – $162,555 plus 15.4% superannuation
- Locations: Melbourne or Canberra
- Status: Flexible – Full-time/Part-time/Casual
- Position type: Multiple ongoing* or non-ongoing opportunities may be available for talented individuals to join our Closing the Gap team.
The Productivity Commission helps governments make better policies in the long-term interest of all Australians.
From 2020-21, the Productivity Commission has a significant role under the National Agreement on Closing the Gap.
The objective of the National Agreement is to enable Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and governments to work together to overcome the inequality experienced by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and achieve life outcomes equal to all Australians.
Under the Agreement, the Productivity Commission to is provide independent oversight and accountability of progress by:
- developing and maintaining a publicly accessible information repository, which underpins a data dashboard and annual data report.
- undertaking an independent review of progress every three years, which will be complementary to a three-yearly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-led review.
The Productivity Commission is building a team to help deliver these Closing the Gap functions.
We are looking for people who want to help improve policies and programs that matter for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
The National Agreement commits all Parties to new ways of working and engaging with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Fair, inclusive and ongoing engagement, and transparent and open processes, will be defining characteristics of the Commission’s approach to the Closing the Gap work.
We actively promote inclusion and diversity, and are committed to creating a workplace where individuals feel respected and valued.
The Commission strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, who would bring important strengths, capabilities and attributes to the Closing the Gap work.
Closing the Gap Employment Register – Various Opportunities
We are seeking expressions of interest via our Closing the Gap Employment Register for a number of roles that may arise.
Positions are anticipated to be available at the APS 5, APS 6, EL 1 and EL 2 levels.
These positions may be offered as either ongoing* or non-ongoing opportunities, which may be on a full-time, part-time or casual basis.
So, if you are highly motivated about working with and for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, and have skills or experience in any of the following areas, we’d love to hear from you:
- Policy analysis and advice
- Data processing, analysis and presentation
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- Project management
- Report writing
- Awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, histories, knowledges and perspectives
- Demonstrated ability to work and engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and individuals in a fair, inclusive, ongoing, and reciprocal way.
Positions that become available will be able to be performed from either our Melbourne or Canberra offices. We have a collaborative, flexible work environment and recognise the importance of balancing work with family, caring and other personal commitments.
*Ongoing opportunities may be available to existing Australian Public Service employees under section 26 of the Public Service Act 1999 .
Ready to apply or keen to find out more?
If you’d like to find out more about working at the Commission, we would love to hear from you!
To find out more about the recruitment process please contact:
Our Recruitment team
To find out more about the Productivity Commission and our functions under the National Agreement on Closing the Gap please contact:
Ph: 03 9653 2236
If you’re ready to express interest in joining the Closing the Gap team, please follow the instructions at the link below.