Inquiry and Research Employment Register
- Classification: APS Level 3 – Executive Level 2
- Salary range: $59,229 - $157,790 plus 15.4% superannuation
- Locations: Melbourne or Canberra
- Status: Flexible – Full-time/Part-time/Casual
- Position type: Multiple ongoing* or non-ongoing opportunities may be available across a range of fields including economics, policy analysis, modelling and more.
The Productivity Commission helps governments make better policies in the long-term interest of all Australians.
Some of the key roles at the Productivity Commission include Research Economists, Public Policy Analysts and Inquiry Managers, at various classifications. These roles assist the Commission’s wide-ranging work in economic analysis and policy advice and offer an opportunity to work on major public inquiries and other research projects.
The work is wide-ranging with topic areas that vary from year to year, including analysis of public policy, market operation and competition, productivity, social issues and the environment, regulation, economic infrastructure, resources, and trade.
We are seeking expressions of interest from talented individuals to join our various teams across our Inquiry and/or Research and Modelling groups.
We encourage you to register if you have a keen interest in public policy, with qualifications, skills and experience in any of the following:
- Policy analysis and advice
- Modelling and data analysis
- Report writing
- Qualitative and quantitative research
This Register will help us to quickly fill future vacancies that may arise at the APS Level 3 – Executive Level 2 classifications.
Depending on the business needs and requirements of the Commission, these positions may be offered as either ongoing* or non-ongoing opportunities, which may be on a full-time, part-time or casual basis.
Positions that become available will be able to be performed from either our Melbourne or Canberra offices. We have a collaborative, flexible work environment and recognise the importance of balancing work with family, caring and other personal commitments.
* Ongoing opportunities may be available to existing Australian Public Service employees under section 26 of the Public Service Act 1999 .
Ready to apply or keen to find out more?
If you’d like to find out more about working at the Commission, we would love to hear from you!