We use social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube to communicate to the Australian public.
Our social media posts and pages are monitored and moderated during standard operating hours – Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm AEST (unless otherwise stated and excluding public holidays).
We encourage you to have open and honest discussions whilst being respectful of your fellow users.
When contributing your questions and comments on our social media platforms, we encourage you to:
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others (such as names, email addresses, private addresses, or phone numbers). Posts or comments containing personal information will be hidden or removed.
- Post material that is relevant to the topics and issues being discussed, particularly if you are seeking a response from us.
- Represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
You are not to:
- Abuse, harass or threaten others
- Vilify others based on their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, or any disability
- Make defamatory or libellous comments
- Use insulting, provocative, or hateful language or images
- Use obscene or offensive language or images
- Use material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- Promote commercial interests
- Are overtly party political (e.g., reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties)
- Incite, encourage, or refer to conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian law.
We will not respond to, but may report, hide, remove, or block users that breach these terms.