We do not endorse or support the comments, opinions or statements posted by users on our social media channels.
Any information or material placed online by users, including advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not represent the views of the Commission.
If you post a question to us, we will endeavour to respond within approximately 24 hours, excluding weekends and public holidays. If your question is technical in nature we may take a little longer. Responses are at our sole discretion and we reserve the right not to respond to any question.
Journalists seeking an official response from the Commission should contact our Media, Publications and Web team via email@example.com or on 0417 665 443.
When using our social media channels, please ensure you:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including inappropriate personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- do not be abusive, harass or threaten others
- do not make defamatory or libellous comments
- do not use insulting, provocative, offensive or hateful language
- do not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- do not post multiple versions of the same view make excessive postings on a particular issue
- do not promote commercial interests
- do not include internet addresses, links to websites or email addresses
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- do not engage in or encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age
- do not identify matters that are the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court order
- do not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
The Commission may change this policy at any time.