Economic Impacts of Migration and Population Growth
This study has concluded. The research report was released on 17 May 2006.
The Productivity Commission was asked to undertake a research study on the productivity and economic impacts of migration and population growth.
- reported on the nature of international migration flows
- examined the impacts of migration on the skill levels of the Australian population and in industries and occupations
- assessed the relationships between migration and population growth and workforce diversity
- identified the ways in which migration and population growth impact on productivity
- reported on legislative and other impediments which prevent Australia from realising potential productivity gains from migration and population growth
- considered the impact of migration and population growth on labour force participation and economic growth more broadly.
You may also be interested in
Please note: The position paper is for research purposes only. For final outcomes of this study refer to the research report.