Standards and Accreditation
This study has concluded. The research report was released on 16 November 2006.
The Australian Government asked the Productivity Commission to undertake a research study into the Australian Government's relationship with Standards Australia Limited and the National Association of Testing Authorities.
Important issues include:
- the appropriate role for the Australian Government in standard setting and laboratory accreditation
- and funding of these activities when they are in the public interest.
This study looked at:
- the history of the relationship between the Australian Government and these organisations
- the cost impact on and benefits to business and the wider community of standards, including those referenced in regulation
- models in operation overseas.
You may also be interested in
The draft report for this project is not available online.Please note: The draft report is for research purposes only. For final outcomes of this study refer to the research report.
The research report for the commissioned study, Standards and Accreditation.
Submisssions for the commissioned study, Standards and Accreditation.
Memoranda of Understanding
Memoranda of Understanding for the commissioned study into the Australian Government’s relationship with Standards Australia Limited and the National Association of Testing Authorities.