Wheat export marketing arrangements
This inquiry has been completed.
The Productivity Commission invited public participation in an inquiry into the Wheat Export Marketing Act 2008 and the Wheat Export Accreditation Scheme 2008. The Commission was asked to assess the effectiveness of the arrangements in meeting the objectives of the Act.
Among the matters considered by the Commission were:
- the effectiveness of the arrangements in meeting the objectives of the Act, including the role of Wheat Exports Australia
- the suitability of the eligibility criteria for accreditation of exporters
- the appropriateness of the access test requirements for accreditation of port operators as exporters
- the effectiveness of, and level of competition in, the transport and storage supply chain for wheat
- the availability and transparency of market information.
You may also be interested in
The draft report for this project is not available online.Please note: The draft report is for research purposes only. For final outcomes of this inquiry refer to the inquiry report.
The report of the public inquiry into Wheat Export Marketing Arrangements was released on 28 October 2010.
Submissions received for the Wheat Export Marketing Arrangements public inquiry
Public hearings and forums
Details of public hearings and transcripts for the inquiry into Wheat Export Marketing Arrangements.