International Telecommunications Market Regulation
This public inquiry has concluded. The inquiry report was released by the Commonwealth Government on 23 November 1999.
The Commission was asked to report on a number of issues including:
- existing and emerging settlement arrangements in the international telecommunications market
- possible settlement distortions and mispricing arising from international agreements and asymmetric national policies
- the competitive conduct and investment behaviour of Australian firms in the international telecommunications market
- community benefits from reform of settlement arrangements
- options for further reform.