Rural research and development corporations
This inquiry has concluded. The final report was released on 15 June 2011.
Amongst other things, this inquiry examined the:
- rationale for Commonwealth Government investment in rural research and development
- appropriateness of current funding levels and arrangements - particularly levy arrangements, and matching Commonwealth contributions
- extent to which Rural Research and Development Corporation (RRDC) funded projects provide for an appropriate balance between industry-specific and broader community benefits
- effectiveness of the RRDC model in enhancing the competitiveness and productivity of Australia's rural industries
- scope for improvements to the RRDC model - and any alternative models that could deliver better outcomes.
You may also be interested in
Please note: The draft report and issues paper are for research purposes only. For final outcomes of this inquiry refer to the inquiry report.
The draft report for this project is not available online.Please note: The draft report is for research purposes only. For final outcomes of this inquiry refer to the inquiry report.
The report of the public inquiry into Rural Research and Development Corporations was released on 15 June 2011.
Submissions received for the Rural Research and Development Corporations public inquiry
Details of public hearings and transcripts for the inquiry into Rural Research and Development Corporations.