Economic Regulation of Airport Services
This inquiry has concluded. The final report was sent to the Government on 14 December 2011 and released by the Government on 30 March 2012.
In undertaking the inquiry, the Commission made recommendations in relation to the future regulation and monitoring of services and the scope and mechanisms for greater transparency and accountability in airport infrastructure provision and services. In particular, the Commission examined:
- aeronautical services and facilities provided by airport operators
- passenger-related aeronautical services and facilities provided by major airline tenants
- land transport facilities providing access to the airports
- the effectiveness of remedies in dealing with potential abuses of market power
- the effectiveness of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's monitoring regime
- regulatory impacts on the ability of airports to price, operate and invest in infrastructure in an efficient and timely manner
- the effectiveness of arrangements for the control of planning, operation and service quality monitoring of land transport access to major airports.