Submitting your application is the first step to starting your career with the Commission.
Applications for our 2025 intake close on Sunday 7 April 2024.
Complete the online application form by the closing date, and include the following attachments:
- A concise statement (up to two pages) that tells us a bit about you, including what drew you to apply, and why you believe you are suited to the role with consideration to the role description and key attributes.
- Your resume with your relevant recent experience, qualifications and achievements, and the details of two referees.
- Your most current academic transcript/s.
Overview of the selection process:
- Receipt and initial assessment of applications
- Shortlisting - on the basis of written application
- Interview - shortlisted applicants will usually be invited to attend interview
- Referees may be contacted for further assessment of suitability
- A merit pool of suitable candidates may be established.
It is anticipated that first round offers to successful candidates will be made by the end of May 2024. Additional offers may be made up to December 2024.
Our 2025 graduates can expect to commence in early February 2025.
Position eligibility requirements
You must be an Australian citizen or, in limited circumstances, in the process of obtaining citizenship, to be eligible for employment with the Commission.
Affirmative measures requirements (optional to opt-in)
While this recruitment process is open to everyone, applicants from an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage, and/or people with disability, have the option to apply for a position under an affirmative measure. Please refer to the requirements below and if eligible, you may elect to apply under these measures.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
The filling of (at least one) of these vacancies is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and is open only to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people. Candidates applying under this affirmative measure provision must provide confirmation of their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage.
People with disability
The filling of (at least one) of these vacancies is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under Section 33 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner's Directions 2022 and is open only to people with disability. Candidates applying under the affirmative measure provision must provide suitable evidence of a disability.