Rural Research and Development Corporations
This inquiry has concluded. The final report was released on 15 June 2011.
Amongst other things, this inquiry examined the:
- rationale for Commonwealth Government investment in rural research and development
- appropriateness of current funding levels and arrangements - particularly levy arrangements, and matching Commonwealth contributions
- extent to which Rural Research and Development Corporation (RRDC) funded projects provide for an appropriate balance between industry-specific and broader community benefits
- effectiveness of the RRDC model in enhancing the competitiveness and productivity of Australia's rural industries
- scope for improvements to the RRDC model - and any alternative models that could deliver better outcomes.
- Final Government response - see pages 31 to 45 (external link)
- Preliminary Government response (external link)
- Productivity Commission Inquiry into Rural Research and Development - Joint media release from the Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (external link)
- About the public inquiry process