Economic Regulation of Airport Services (2012)
This inquiry has concluded. The final report was sent to the Government on 14 December 2011 and released by the Government on 30 March 2012.
- Issues paper 25 Jan 2011
- Draft report 22 Aug 2011
- Final report 30 Mar 2012
The issues paper covers a range of issues on which the Commission sought information and feedback, and was intended to assist you in preparing a submission.
The draft report was released on 22 August 2011 for further information and feedback.
Please note: The draft report is for research purposes only. For final outcomes of this inquiry refer to the inquiry report.
The final report was handed to the Australian Government on 14 December 2011 and publicly released 30 March 2012.
In undertaking the inquiry, the Commission made recommendations in relation to the future regulation and monitoring of services and the scope and mechanisms for greater transparency and accountability in airport infrastructure provision and services. In particular, the Commission examined:
- aeronautical services and facilities provided by airport operators
- passenger-related aeronautical services and facilities provided by major airline tenants
- land transport facilities providing access to the airports
- the effectiveness of remedies in dealing with potential abuses of market power
- the effectiveness of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's monitoring regime
- regulatory impacts on the ability of airports to price, operate and invest in infrastructure in an efficient and timely manner
- the effectiveness of arrangements for the control of planning, operation and service quality monitoring of land transport access to major airports.
You may also be interested inGovernment response Media release: Airport Pricing, Investment and Services Review
The report of the public inquiry into Economic Regulation of Airport Services was released on 30 March 2012.
Submissions received for the Economic Regulation of Airport Services public inquiry.
Details of public hearings for the inquiry into Economic Regulation of Airport Services.