Education evidence base
This inquiry has concluded. The public inquiry looked into the further development of the national evidence base for school and early childhood education, which was completed in 9 months.
- Issues paper 11 Apr 2016
- Draft report 6 Sep 2016
- Final report 24 May 2017
The issues paper covers a range of issues on which the Commission sought information and feedback, and was intended to assist you in preparing a submission.
Initial submissions were due by 25 May 2016.
The Commission sought further information and feedback following release of a draft report on 6 September 2016.
Submissions on the draft report were due by 7 October 2016.
The final report was handed to the Australian Government on 9 December 2016 and publicly released on 24 May 2017.
The Commission was asked to provide advice on the national approach to collecting and using data for early childhood education and care and schools to improve Australia's educational outcomes.
In undertaking this inquiry, the Commission used evidence from Australia and overseas to report on and make recommendations about the following.
- The information required to provide a comprehensive evidence base to inform policy development in early childhood and school education now and in the future.
- Current data holdings and potential additional information, including how that information might add value to the existing evidence base.
- Existing or potential barriers to sharing or accessing data, and how these can be overcome.
- The role that technology and mobile devices can play in the scope, quality and timeliness of data collection and reporting.
- The costs and benefits of options for improvements to the national education evidence base.
There has not been a government response to this inquiry yet.
You may also be interested in
This report is about seeking ways to address the challenge of what data to collect and how to use it to support the generation of evidence about what works best in education
Submissions received for the Education Evidence Base public inquiry.
Details of public hearings for the inquiry into Intellectual Property Arrangements.