Report on Government Services 2015
Housing and homelessness
The Housing and homelessness volume G includes performance reporting for Housing and Homelessness.
It also includes a sector overview for Housing and homelessness. This volume was released on 28 January 2015.
Download the full volume
- Volume G: Housing and Homelessness (PDF - 5235 Kb)
- Volume G: Housing and Homelessness (Word/ZIP - 1761 Kb)
Download the sector overview
The sector overview provides an introduction to the Housing (chapter 17) and Homelessness services (chapter 18) chapters of this Report. It provides an overview of the housing and homelessness sector, presenting both contextual information and high level performance information.
- Overview G Housing and Homelessness, attachment tables, and data quality information (PDF - 1317 Kb)
- Overview G Attachment tables (XLSX - 817 Kb)
Labels for financial years in table 17.4 on the net recurrent cost per dwelling have been corrected on page 17.30. Consequently, footnotes for table 17.4 have also been amended. Attachment table 17A.22 remains unchanged.
Sector performance indicator framework
This sector overview is based on a sector performance indicator framework and is made up of the following elements:
- Sector objectives — three sector objectives are a précis of the key objectives of housing and homelessness services and reflect the outcomes in the National Affordable Housing Agreement (NAHA).
- Sector-wide indicators — three sector-wide indicators relate to the overarching service sector objectives.
- Information from the service-specific performance indicator frameworks that relate to housing and homelessness services. Discussed in more detail in chapters 17 and 18, the service-specific frameworks provide comprehensive information on the equity, effectiveness and efficiency of these services.
- People are able to rent housing that meets their needs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have improved amenity and reduced overcrowding
- People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness achieve sustainable housing and social inclusion
- Low income households in rental stress
- Appropriateness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander housing
- Australians who are homeless
Service-specific performance indicator frameworks
The Housing chapter (chapter 17) of the Report on Government Services focuses on the performance of governments in providing social housing, including public housing, State owned and managed Indigenous housing (SOMIH), community housing and Indigenous community housing.
The Homelessness services chapter (chapter 18) of the Report on Government Services reports on the performance of governments in providing specialist homelessness services, and the people accessing these services.