Independent Review of Job Network
This public inquiry has concluded. The inquiry report was released by the Commonwealth Government on 19 September 2002.
The Productivity Commission has completed an independent review of the Job Network. The Commission critically examined and commented on the framework for delivering labour market assistance arrangements including:
- application of the purchaser-provider model to employment assistance
- roles of the relevant players including:
- Commonwealth funded employment service providers
- training providers utilised by Commonwealth funded employment service providers
- The Department of Employment, Workplace Relations and Small Business, the Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs and the Department of Family and Community Services
- areas where the model could be improved
- possible scope for the model to apply, in full or in part, to other types of Commonwealth Government service delivery.
You may also be interested in
Please note: The draft report is for research purposes only. For final outcomes of this inquiry refer to the inquiry report.
A report on the current arrangements for delivering labour market assistance.
Value Creation Workshop
A report on six workshops conducted on behalf of the Productivity Commission by The Value Creation Group Ltd.
Submissions for the public inquiry, Independent Review of Job Network.
Transcripts of hearings for the public inquiry, Independent Review of Job Network.