Report on Government Services 2016
Housing and homelessness
The Housing and homelessness volume G includes performance reporting for Housing and Homelessness.
It also includes a sector overview for Housing and homelessness. This volume was released on 27 January 2016.
Download the full volume
- Volume G: Housing and Homelessness (PDF - 6003 Kb)
- Volume G: Housing and Homelessness (Word/ZIP - 1796 Kb)
Download the sector overview
The sector overview provides an introduction to the Housing (chapter 17) and Homelessness services (chapter 18) chapters of this Report. It provides an overview of the housing and homelessness sector, presenting both contextual information and high level performance information.
- Overview G Housing and Homelessness, attachment tables, and data quality information (PDF - 1438 Kb)
- Overview G Attachment tables (XLSX - 2170 Kb)
Sector G Housing and homelessness
- Indicator Framework
- Indigenous Data
This sector overview is based on a sector performance indicator framework and is made up of the following elements:
- Sector objectives — three sector objectives are a précis of the key objectives of housing and homelessness services and reflect the outcomes in the National Affordable Housing Agreement (NAHA).
- Sector-wide indicators — three sector-wide indicators relate to the overarching service sector objectives.
- Information from the service-specific performance indicator frameworks that relate to housing and homelessness services. Discussed in more detail in chapters 17 and 18, the service-specific frameworks provide comprehensive information on the equity, effectiveness and efficiency of these services.
- People are able to rent housing that meets their needs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have improved amenity and reduced overcrowding
- People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness achieve sustainable housing and social inclusion
- Low income households in rental stress
- Appropriateness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander housing
- Australians who are homeless
Service-specific performance indicator frameworks
Performance indicator data for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in this chapter are available in the attachment tables listed below. Contextual data and further supporting information can be found in the chapter.
|Table number||Table title|
|Table GA.6||Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander households living in overcrowded conditions, by housing program|
|Table GA.7||Proportion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander households living in dwellings of an acceptable standard, 2014|
|Table GA.8||Proportion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander households living in dwellings of an acceptable standard, Indigenous community housing, 2012-13 (per cent)|