Australia's Productivity Growth Slump: Signs of Crisis, Adjustment or Both?
Visiting researcher paper
This paper by Dean Parham was released on 19 April 2012.
Download the paper
- Cover, Copyright, Contents, Visiting Researcher papers and Preface
- Chapter 1 Introduction and summary
- 1.1 Background
- 1.2 What the paper does and says
- Chapter 2 The big picture
- 2.1 Proximate explanations
- 2.2 Fuelling the input accumulation
- 2.3 Summary
- Chapter 3 Industry contributions
- 3.1 Industry sources of input growth
- 3.2 A different reallocation of output
- 3.3 MFP implications
- 3.4 Complete industry contributions
- 3.5 Summary
- Chapter 4 Deeper reasons: crisis or adjustment?
- 4.1 Industry profitability
- 4.2 Industry reviews
- 4.3 The 'usual suspects'
- 4.4 Crisis or adjustment?
- 4.5 Further research
- Appendix A Calculating industry contributions
- Appendix B Structural change between industries